Jill K., is the Owner & Founder of JKFlashy Makeup Service, Inc., the first and highly regarded upon Makeup Service Company in Westchester County. Westchester Magazine, 914 INC., The Knot, Westchester Weddings, ENJOY, are some of the various publications JKFlashy’s work can be found in. Awards include Best of Westchester / The Knot Best of Weddings / Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Awards / Wedding Wire Best of Weddings, numerous write ups in “Style Me Pretty” amongst other popular blogs. Jill K. has been featured on Channel 12 News for bringing together a significant number of high end vendors for a large scale photo shoot.
Jill K. has been approached numerous times to teach Makeup, her craft, her skill & “inside secrets,” and has chosen to remain exclusive to teaching The Advanced Makeup Course at the New York School of Esthetics. This is the first and only separate make up course approved by NY State Department of Education in the Westchester area.
Each Advanced Course is three weeks long & offered in the Day & Evening. Students are encouraged to observe & receive “hands on” experience by “shadowing” outside of the classroom with Jill K.’s company, JKFlashy Makeup Services, Inc. Please email Jill directly for all details, Jill@JKFlashy.com.
WHAT WILL YOU BE ABLE TO DO WHEN YOU COMPLETED THE ADVANCED MAKEUP COURSE?
- You have covered Basic in your Estectics Course *this is ADVANCED MAKEUP*
- You will be completely fluent in Makeup Artistry
- Your Makeup Kit (included) in your Tuition has THE BEST assorted makeup, including MAC, Bobbi Brown, Inglot, Makeup Forever & JKFlashy Cosmetics. *Also, includes an AIRBRUSH SYSTEM*
- Proficient & comfortable working on any skin tone
- Understand the difference in foundation options & have all in your kit
- Understand Airbrush, It’s Benefits, Competence in Application
- Understand how to communicate the difference in options to clients & whats best for your client
- Competence in Eye Lash Strip / Individual Waterproof Eye lashes (NOT PERMANENT)
- Have direction as to Career Opportunities / Path & Goals
- Be able to work in the Cosmetic Industry in any Makeup Artist Position
Apprenticeship opportunities may be available, during the school session, for a Highly Regarded Makeup Service Company in Westchester County / New York City.
*Duration of Internship: As much time as you want to invest while class is in session.
Internship Opportunities May Include but Is not Limited to:
- Engagement Sessions *On Site Locations & Makeup Applications
- Weddings *American *African American *Greek *Non English Speaking *Same Sex *Nigerian *Spanish Speaking *Albanian *Jewish *Catholic
- Fantasy Engagement Sessions *On Site Locations & Makeup Applications
- Working with some of the Top Videographers & Photographers in Westchester & NYC.
- Working doing Cover / Various Print Cover Shoots
- Pageantry Makeup
- Pageantry Makeup Lessons
- Makeup Lessons for Men that are Considering Gender Changes
- Makeup for TV
- Makeup Lessons suited for your client’s needs